Careers and World of Work programmes comprise a combination of careers education provided as part of the curriculum and impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
In January 2008 the Welsh Assembly Government published its requirements for
Schools to deliver “Careers and the World of Work: a framework for 11 to 19-year-olds in Wales”. Its aim is to equip young people with the knowledge and skills to plan their learning and careers and to be aware of the skills required to be successful in employment and further education.
From the framework the school will encourage pupils to:
- explore the attitudes and values required for employability and lifelong learning
- plan and manage their opportunities in learning and work
- make effective career choices
- become entrepreneurial
- flourish in a variety of work settings
- become motivated, set long term goals and overcome barriers
- see the relevance of their studies to their life and work
- develop key skills and other skills required by employers
- prepare for the challenges, choices and responsibilities of work and adult life
Our aim as part of Careers and the World of Work is to:
- help all pupils develop the skills they will need in the jobs market
- challenge their preconceptions and stereotypes
- raise their ambitions
Caldicot School is committed to the promotion of our core values, which encourage our pupils and staff to respect others within the school, the community, the country and the global environment. We will instill these values through honesty, tolerance, respect, self discipline, self esteem and responsibility.
How does the school help pupils?
The school works with many external organisations to provide pupils with an extensive work-related education programme. This is done through:
- Career Fair
- Work Experience
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- Enterprise opportunities
- support from Careers Wales representative
- notice board for apprenticeships or employment opportunities
- links to further education opportunities
In this section:
Once you get your GCSE results you can apply online for your Year 12 Sixth Form place. This application form is to be used to apply to Year 12 only. […]
Congratulations to our Y13 students who have worked so hard and achieved fantastic results: 100% of them have achieved 2 A* – E (Level 3 threshold) (the 3rd consecutive year […]
Good luck to all our sixth form students today! Results are available for collection from Castle Canteen from 9.30am. Please note only the MAIN GATE is open and there is […]