Careers and World of Work programmes comprise a combination of careers education provided as part of the curriculum and impartial careers information, advice and guidance.
In January 2008 the Welsh Assembly Government published its requirements for
Schools to deliver “Careers and the World of Work: a framework for 11 to 19-year-olds in Wales”. Its aim is to equip young people with the knowledge and skills to plan their learning and careers and to be aware of the skills required to be successful in employment and further education.
From the framework the school will encourage pupils to:
- explore the attitudes and values required for employability and lifelong learning
- plan and manage their opportunities in learning and work
- make effective career choices
- become entrepreneurial
- flourish in a variety of work settings
- become motivated, set long term goals and overcome barriers
- see the relevance of their studies to their life and work
- develop key skills and other skills required by employers
- prepare for the challenges, choices and responsibilities of work and adult life
Our aim as part of Careers and the World of Work is to:
- help all pupils develop the skills they will need in the jobs market
- challenge their preconceptions and stereotypes
- raise their ambitions
Caldicot School is committed to the promotion of our core values, which encourage our pupils and staff to respect others within the school, the community, the country and the global environment. We will instill these values through honesty, tolerance, respect, self discipline, self esteem and responsibility.
How does the school help pupils?
The school works with many external organisations to provide pupils with an extensive work-related education programme. This is done through:
- Career Fair
- Work Experience
- Welsh Baccalaureate
- Enterprise opportunities
- support from Careers Wales representative
- notice board for apprenticeships or employment opportunities
- links to further education opportunities
In this section:
Please see attached from the Headteacher Changes to School Day Letter May 2017
Please be aware that we are experiencing technical problems with SIMS InTouch at the moment, and emails issued to pupil contacts on and since Friday 28th April seem to have failed. We […]
The following information regarding Sixth Form Options for current Y11 pupils has been emailed out to Y11 contacts today: Sixth Form Options letter to parents April 2017 Final Sixth Form […]