The Pupil Deprivation Grant (PDG) provides financial support for the Welsh Government's national priorities for schools between 2013 and 2015. The three national priorities for schools are to:
- improve the standards of literacy
- improve the standards of numeracy
- reduce the impact of poverty on educational attainment
Pupil Deprivation Grant Information for Caldicot School
- The total number of pupils on school roll for September 2015 is 1235
- The school’s Free School Meals population is under 25%
- The rolling average of the Free School Meals population between 2012 & 2015 is 10.39%
- The total allocation of the Pupil Deprivation Grant to this school for 2015-2016 is £127,050
The school undertakes the following activities to support pupils facing the challenges of poverty and deprivation:
- Bespoke skills based courses
- Literacy programme
- Numeracy programme
- Monitoring & tracking of pupils
- Small group intervention activities
- Bespoke learning experiences designed to engage
- Strategies to support the monitoring & tracking of Free School Meals pupils.
The school’s Pupil Deprivation Grant, School Effectiveness Grant and Welsh in Education Grant plans are regularly scrutinised by the Governing Body, supported by advice from the Educational Attainment Service (EAS) and monitored by the Local Authority & Challenge Adviser EAS.
In this section:
Click the link below to see information regarding the Welsh Government Literacy and Numeracy tests taking place over the next 2 weeks for Y7, Y8 and Y9 pupils. Welsh Govt […]
Grayhill Hall Forms 9C – 9F presentation commences at 6.00pm Forms 9G – 9K presentation commences at 6.40pm
Click HERE to read about the provisions in place on 20th February 2017 to assist with your child’s learning.