The school has a positive and inclusive ethos that is understood well by pupils, parents and staff. It successfully promotes its stated values of honesty, tolerance, respect, self-discipline, self-esteem, and responsibility. Estyn 2013
Mrs S Gwyer-Roberts, Headteacher
Mr P Nurcombe, Chair of Governors
Caldicot School is committed to achievement through the promotion of excellence within a vibrant, purposeful working environment, which respects the rights and needs of all individuals, so that our pupils are able to acquire skills for adult life.
We aim to ensure our pupils:
- are happy and safe within a rich learning community;
- achieve their full potential, academically and personally;
- acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to take their place as responsible citizens in society and within their community;
- value education as a life long experience that will continue into the world of work and leisure.
We will achieve these aims by providing:
- a high standard of teaching and learning;
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, suited to the abilities and individual aspirations of each pupil;
- opportunities for pupils to demonstrate responsibility and leadership;
- a safe and attractive environment which allows pupils and staff to celebrate their success.