Rewarding achievement is key to the ethos of our school. The rewards system aims to encourage and reward academic effort and involvement in the life of the school. Commendations are awarded for effort in lessons and for out of school activities at the discretion of individual members of staff.
How can a student win commendations?
- By meeting of exceeding academic targets set in subjects;
- By producing an exceptional piece of work;
- By wearing correct uniform for a full term; and
- By adhering to the School Values in lessons and throughout the school day.
Termly, within each year group, the top 25 students with highest number of commendations will receive a reward.
- Top 5 : £10 voucher for establishment of their choice;
- Top 6 - 15 A school meal deal and a lunchtime queue jump; and
- Top 16 - 25 A week-long queue jump.
Additionally, every student without a negative behaviour point will have their names put in a raffle at the end of each term, giving them the chance to win a prize.