The school has a positive and inclusive ethos that is understood well by pupils, parents and staff. It successfully promotes its stated values of honesty, tolerance, respect, self-discipline, self-esteem, and responsibility. Estyn 2013
I am delighted to welcome you to our school. I have taught at Caldicot School for over 19 years, and it is an honour to be appointed to the post of Acting Headteacher. At Caldicot School we are seeking to enrich the experiences of our pupils through a dynamic education based on traditional values in a twenty-first century environment, provided by experienced and caring staff. As a staff team we are committed to the care of every individual pupil, and encourage excellence in all aspects of school life. We are an inclusive school that caters for the needs of all, providing a rewarding experience, based on sound teaching and learning, leading to a range of career opportunities for all young people. Setting the highest standards in all areas of school life is crucial to us, centred around learning, behaviour, appearance, attendance and punctuality. These maintain an orderly and positive atmosphere where pupils and staff can flourish through mutual respect for all. I look forward to working with you and your child.
Mr S Rees - Acting Headteacher
Our aim at Caldicot School is that the children who come to our school will attain to the best of their abilities so that they are able to leave with the qualifications and the standards of self discipline that will stand them in good stead for their future lives. The pupils of Caldicot School have achieved some remarkable results in examination grades and we have entrants to all levels of further education with our pupils gaining places at a wide range of universities and colleges including Oxford and Cambridge. We also value a broad education where pupils can excel in their particular skills and enjoy the extra-curricular activities of a progressive school. The Governing Body supports the Headteacher and her staff in their high aims and objectives for the school and its pupils and we shall endeavour to go forward with these aims for the benefit of our young people’s development.
Mr P Nurcombe, Chair of Governors
Senior Leadership Team
Welsh Government Categorisation
Caldicot School was awarded an A grade for stage 2 of the national categorisation system in both 2016 and 2017.
Extracts from the 2017 report:
- School leaders continue to provide a very strong capacity to plan for school improvement. There is strong leadership, with a clear and a relentless commitment to improvement and high expectations for all pupils.
- The strategic priorities are based upon consultation with partners, high quality data analysis and wider monitoring information which is systematically gathered. The priorities are sharply defined and maintain the school’s focus on improving quality and standards.
- The quality of the Strategic Improvement Plan is of a very high standard because the school has sustained improvement in most key measures over time. The school’s approach to monitoring and self-evaluation is a particularly powerful process. The Governing Body, led by a dedicated and knowledgeable Chair of Governors, has a clear and established role in school self-evaluation and strategic planning and this has contributed effectively to sustained school improvement.
- The processes to lead, identify, validate and share effective practice are exemplary. The school’s training offer is exceptional and provides high quality professional development to teachers, leaders, aspiring leaders and teaching assistants. The school’s focus on continuing professional development is exemplary and has strong impact on pupil outcomes in most areas of the school.
- The school has a very good approach to identifying strengths and areas of development in leadership and teaching, (linked to the performance management process) and systematically provides continuing professional development and opportunities for teachers and leaders at different stages of their career.
- Caldicot School is a Pioneer School and a Professional Learning School within the regional NQT programme.
- Systems to track the progress of all pupils, particularly vulnerable pupils, are of high quality and have secured improvement in outcomes on many indicators.
Caldicot School is a successful 11-18 co-educational community school. It is a popular and oversubscribed school with a growing roll. We are the first choice for the majority of pupils and families in Caldicot and the surrounding areas. The school is situated on the edge of Caldicot town in 50 acres of grounds and 13 acres of playing fields, offering an excellent location which is both tranquil and safe for the pupils to concentrate on their education. In September 2017, the school benefited from a state of the art new build, which has provided a new and exciting learning environment for contemporary learning to take place. During the day the school is fortunate enough to have use of the extensive sports facilities at Caldicot Leisure Centre, including the swimming pool. Caldicot School, in educational terms, fosters respect for others, for property and for the school in an atmosphere which reinforces good habits and encourages pupils’ pride in themselves and their achievements. Attention is paid to the individual needs of all pupils to ensure that every child leaves the school achieving their personal best. We endeavour to secure a structured and orderly learning environment, giving all pupils equal opportunity to grow in an atmosphere which values effort and achievement. Different styles of teaching and learning and good relationships make it a school where pupils wish to be.
Caldicot School is committed to achievement through the promotion of excellence within a vibrant, purposeful working environment, which respects the rights and needs of all individuals, so that our pupils are able to acquire skills for adult life.
We aim to ensure our pupils:
- are happy and safe within a rich learning community;
- achieve their full potential, academically and personally;
- acquire the skills, knowledge and understanding to take their place as responsible citizens in society and within their community;
- value education as a life long experience that will continue into the world of work and leisure.
We will achieve these aims by providing:
- a high standard of teaching and learning;
- a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum, suited to the abilities and individual aspirations of each pupil;
- opportunities for pupils to demonstrate responsibility and leadership;
- a safe and attractive environment which allows pupils and staff to celebrate their success.
Caldicot School is committed to the promotion of our core values, which encourage our pupils and staff to respect others within the school, the community, the country and the global environment. We will instill these values through honesty, tolerance, respect, self discipline, self esteem and responsibility.
In this section:
Please see attached. Sporting Activities 2018
Mock Examination week Nov 2018
On Friday 16th November we are going all out for a Mish Mash of colour for Non-Uniform. The BRIGHTER the BETTER!!! £1 donation suggested