Rewarding achievement is key to the ethos of our school. The rewards system aims to encourage and reward academic effort and involvement in the life of the school. Commendations are awarded for effort in lessons and for out of school activities at the discretion of individual members of staff.
How can a pupil win commendations?
- By meeting of exceeding academic targets set in subjects
- By producing an exceptional piece of work
- By wearing correct uniform for a full term
- By adhering to the School Values in lessons and throughout the school day
Termly, within each year group, the top 25 pupils with highest number of commendations will receive a reward.
- Top 5 : £10 voucher for establishment of their choice
- Top 6 - 15 A school meal deal and a lunchtime queue jump
- Top 16 - 25 A week-long queue jump
Additionally, every pupil without a negative behaviour point will have their names put in a raffle at the end of each term, giving them the chance to win a prize.
In July we hold a "Celebration of Success" to which parents are invited; this includes pupils with 100% attendance.
In this section:
Many of you may be aware that members of the Governing Body have spent the last two days undertaking a very thorough recruitment exercise for a new Headteacher for Caldicot […]
Dear Consultee, Monmouthshire County Council’s cabinet agreed on the 6th March 2019 to commence statutory consultation on the proposed closure of Mounton House Special School with effect from 31st December […]
Dear Parent/Carer Re: Operation Encompass We have been provided with the opportunity to participate in a project, Operation Encompass that will run jointly between schools and Gwent Police. The vision […]